Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Saturday, August 14, 2010

co-QUI! co-QUI! co-QUI!

While the coqui frogs are singing of the great night they are having on this hot, humid, and sticky night, I am awake... and stamping, of course!

For those who don't know what coqui frogs are, they are cute (quarter-sized) tree frogs that feed off of insects. They sing their mating song at night, and on most nights I find it so soothing, it lulls me to sleep. On hot and wet nights, they are quite loud and very annoying. Because of the large population of coqui frogs on the Big Island (and their lullaby "co-QUI!"), there have been movements favoring the extermination of these critters. For more information, click here.

Back to business... I received the Choo Choo Stamp Set and Right on Track Stampin' Around in today's (or should I say, "yesterday's") order. When I first saw this combo, I had to have it! My son owns a train table set. The older he gets (he's 16-months-old now), the more destructive his play gets. I created this 12x12" Scrapbook Page, so I will take pictures of him playing with it before it is completely destroyed. And when he's a teenage boy, he will look at this scrapbook page and say, "Wow, Mom! . . .


12x12" Real Red Textured Cardstock, Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Choo Choo Stamp Set, Right on Track Stampin' Around, 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals


I apologize, I haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet... will do this weekend. The focal pic will be 4x6" and the 3 squares, 3x3". I haven't yet adhered the photo frame pieces to the page. I may end up moving them around after I add my photos. I'm not really happy with the empty spaces, so I have to see what happens. I do have room for journaling, though.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but I really wanted the train to stand out, so I used Stampin' Dimensionals to give it some POP! I stamped each train piece in Basic Black, then again in Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, and Marina Mist on Whisper White cardstock. I cut them all out, omitting the wheels on the colored ones. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to prop up the colored pieces. I also stamped the smoke using Whisper White Craft Ink on Basic Black cardstock and adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I promise I will update this post once I have my photos and journaling. Keep checking back for the final page result!

No comments:

Post a Comment