Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Morning Cup for a Kind Friend

Did you miss me yesterday? Ü  I was not ill, I am feeling a lot better. I did work and create a beautiful card yesterday using the new Aviary Stamp Set. I was so excited to post it on my blog, when I was invited to participate in a Card Swap. I decided I would use the card I just completed. I will be sure to post the card design after the swap. I tried to get another card done, but I ended up preparing the upcoming Card Swap, and then I actually went to bed quite early.

I woke up feeling great today, but still found myself running a bit late. Usually I leave home at 7:15am, but today I loaded my kids in my truck at 7:30am (not too bad!) When I turned the key, nothing but clicks. OMG! I accepted my situation, and explained to Mariah that she would not be going to school today. Bad idea, Mom! She started to cry.

I called my mother-in-law to see if she had any suggestions, and she told me she would be over to take my daughter to school. I was unsure how this was possible, since she did not drive to work. Well, she came not more than ten minutes later. Her friend/co-worker drove her to my house to pick up Mariah and drive her 3 miles to school. I am so lucky they work not even a mile from my home.

I was so very grateful that her co-worker was kind enough to do this for my family. Ü So, I made her this card.



Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Morning Cup Stamp Set, 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Scalloped Edge Punch

*This layout is from this week's Mojo Monday sketch. (Another blog I visit for inspiration! Ü)

I normally don't design the inside of a card, but while I was stamping my name stamp on the back, the inside brushed the edge of my ink pad. I had to cover up the boo-boo! Ü

I planned to enclose a Starbucks Gift Card, so at the last minute, I made a gift card holder for the top half of the inside. I wish I had taken a picture of it, it was just perfect.

In case you were wondering, my truck is doing better. My father-in-law (aren't my in-laws wonderful?!) cleaned up my battery, got my truck started, and I only had minor start problems throughout the day. And now, as I blog, my husband is putting a brand new battery in! Ü Yay! Tomorrow, it should be running cherry!

Hope you enjoyed this card... it is absolutely perfect for coffee joint gift cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment