Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Anniversary, Mom & Dad!

Happy 27th Anniversary to my Mom & Dad!

Today I wanted to create a card that was different from the rest on my display shelf. So, here, I admit that I am a fan of another stamp collection that is not Stampin' Up! That collection is from The Greeting Farm. Their character designs are so cute and so much fun. They definitely have a character that every individual can identify him/herself with. Although I have been browsing their online store for quite some time, I only made my first purchase yesterday. Normally, I can keep control and just think of all the wonderful things I could do with their stamps, but not this time. I have been drooling over their digital stamps that resemble the Twilight characters (FYI: I'm Twilight-obsessed!) since I layed eyes on them months ago. I finally got them! Ü Yay!!

Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pens, Sticky Strip, 1" Circle Punch, Paper Piercing Tool
 Images by The Greeting Farm

This is a 5 1/4" Medium Square Card. I printed the images on Whisper White cardstock, outlined with Watercolor Pencils, and blended with Blender Pens. Then I used my Paper Piercing Tool to pierce holes, and then stitched them with baby blue tread. I punched 1" circles to create the scalloped edge. I like larger scallops than the Scalloped Edge Punch.

As you can tell from the TGF Image, the male character resembles a Twilight character... Can you guess which one? Ü So the female is assumed. Oh, but no, I did not use the wrong colors. I mentioned today is my parents' wedding anniversary... my dad is a blonde, and my mom is beautiful.

Pardon the smudges. Just a note, when you use digital stamps that print to your home printer, and then watercolor, the ink bleeds. I never stopped to think about it before I began, because SU! inks don't bleed when I watercolor. Only realized that now! Ü

I really had a rough time embellishing this card. If it had not been a digital stamp, I would have embossed, maybe added some Crystal Effects or glitter. But for now, plain and simple works great.

No comments:

Post a Comment