Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Thursday, August 12, 2010

I LOVE/HATE Love Letter DSP!!

When I don't know what to do with a certain something, I ignore it. I had a pack of Love Letter DSP at the bottom of my DSP stack. Last night, I opened it, looked through the different designs, and wondered if I was half asleep when I ordered it. This DSP is not at all my style. For the first 30 minutes, I hated it!!! I had no clue where to start. The colors, blah, the prints, blah, the matching stamp set... well, I didn't buy the matching stamp set. Ü Hehe. I continued to just stare at them... literally!

This morning, I looked over them again, "classic" came to mind, and all I could think of was wallpaper! I started to hate more. Called "Love Letter," I would never write a love letter with this!

I was very proud that I didn't put it back on the bottom of the stack. I refused to give up. I was tracing my fingers along the designs, and I started to notice the shapes, the patterns, the symmetry... Okay!

I played with it for hours, and now I LOVE IT!!! Concentrating on the shapes and patterns (not the colors and designs), I was able to find wonderful things. Working with the shapes and patterns made me feel like I was doing geometry homework! (I really like geometry Ü )

Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Love Letter DSP, All Holidays Stamp Set


3 1/4" x 3 1/4" Box, fits 8 3x3" note cards & envelopes

I cut out the designed circle from the Very Vanilla DSP and layered it out on the Riding Hood Red DSP with Stampin' Dimensionals

I used a 5/8" Satin Ribbon in Basic Black across the center.

Stamped using All Holidays Stamp Set

This was fun! I used the same corner on each color DSP to cut a square, then cut each square diagonally, and placed them together to create one two-toned design.

I have a few more ideas for the Love Letter DSP, but since I have a Stampin' Up! delivery coming tomorrow, I don't think I will be playing with it again for a while. Ü 

No comments:

Post a Comment