Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Here it is...

This weekend I moved my craft room into a bigger room in my house. Ü I'm so in love with it! I will have to get pictures up soon. It is my master bedroom. (Did I hear you gasp?!) My husband offered for me to transfer my things to the master bedroom, so that I can have more space, and I can host my workshops and classes in there, since it's more roomy and it has its own bathroom. My garage has no windows and is very very hot, and I hate to kick my family out of their own house while I have stampers over.

Because it is such a large room, it was always a mess! Too much floor space means too much junk on the floor! Ü This may be a great thing for us as a couple. Our new bedroom (old craft room) is perfect for one bed and a TV. All our clothes fit in the closet... what else do we need? Ü

Okay, I'm done justifying my big craft room move to those who are totally shocked. Ü Hehe. I love it... and if you are in Hilo, HI stop by and craft with me. Lots of room here. Again, my home is kid-friendly, nothing breakable. I have a 4-year-old girl and a 1-year-old boy, and they love love love to play with other kids.

So, here it is. I've had these pictures on my desktop for a while and they are just begging to be posted. These are my two cards Kristina's September card swap. Since I am mailing mine to Oahu, and I didn't want to send them in a ziploc bag, I made coordinating boxes for each set. To my surprise, the box fit all 13 card fronts. Ü

The first card front was to be made using a new stamp set from the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog. I love this Aviary Stamp Set, and of course, Brights.... I love love love Brights!

This was more fun than I thought! At first, I thought I was going to call my husband to help cut and punch and stamp... YEAH, RIGHT! It was actually quite easy to do multiples Ü


Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Aviary Stamp Set, Scallop Edge Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals

I had no clue how I was going to design the box, and I am so happy with it. I am going to make a card in this exact same design. Adorable! Ü

The second card was to be made using a new stamp set in the Holiday Mini Catalog. And since it is still too early for Christmas cards for me, and I love Halloween... you know... I used the Dark & Dreary Stamp Set, Nite Owl DSP and the Spider Web Textured Impressions Embossing Folder for Sizzix Big Shot.


Can you believe I heat embossed each card? I don't know if it was a hot night or if my (old, small) craft room turned into a sauna from all that embossing!

Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Nite Owl DSP, Dark & Dreary Stamp Set, 1/4" Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Whisper White Craft Ink, Basic Black Craft Ink, Clear Embossing Powder, Sticky Strip, Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals



My card in yesterday's post also featured the embossed spider web. This box top was the first attempt and I was so excited, I made many more Ü  See yesterday's post to see how I achieved this look.

Both boxes measure 5 3/4" x 4 1/2" x 2". For the box bottom, start with a 9 3/4" x 8 1/2" sheet of cardstock, score at 2" on each side. For the top, start with a 9 1/2" x 8 1/4" sheet of cardstock, score at 1 7/8" on each side. Embellish as desired.

The box fits 6 standard 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" cards with envelopes. Perfect for gift-giving!

I will post a complete tutorial soon. Please check back often or subscribe to my blog at the left to receive my new posts featuring my samples, promotions, and giveaways FREE via email. Ü


No comments:

Post a Comment