Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Notepads!!!

I've been invited to participate in a craft fair in November. I'm unsure whether I will participate or not. I was thinking of maybe having a garage/craft fair at my home once a month or every other month. I have a huge yard and garage, lots of street parking, and a nice and quiet neighborhood. Well, whatever I decide, I will have to have handcrafted items.

I started making these notepads for my own desk (Lord knows I go through lots and lots of scratch paper!) And once it started to look like a set, I began considering making more, for gifts or sell.   Ü




Real Red, Old Olive, Play Date DSP, Tart & Tangy Stamp Set, Apple Blossoms Stamp Set, 5/8" Old Olive Grosgrain Ribbon, 1/4" Whisper White Ribbon

The notepad are junior legal pads that I picked up at Office Max. I took the package of 12 to their Impress counter, and had them cut the pads in half. It costed me a dollar and change to cut all 12. Now they are perfect for shopping lists, Christmas lists, to-do lists, Stampin' Up! to-buy lists  Ü (LOL... had to put that one in there!) 

The post-it pad is adhered to Play Date DSP-covered chipboard coaster. I got 100 of these 4x4 coasters on eBay for $16. Tombow-ed it onto the chipboard, sanded the sides and corners. It's not shown, but I covered a medium binder clip with DSP and adhered the cherry-stamped scallped circle. When clipped to the pad holder, it can hang from a push pin or nail on a wall or bulletin board. The pen is a Pentel RSVP pen. I took out the ink thingy (what do you call it if it isn't yet a refill?), wrapped it with DSP, and reassembled. The best thing about this pen is that all you have to do is buy refills, slide one in, and you will still have the same cool pen to match your notepads. The DSP is not glued in any way to the pen. It just sits pretty in there.  Ü  Love it! Although I show it here that the pen is clipped to the coaster, it can also be hang from the binder clip.

I will have a tutorial up for this soon. But if you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment