Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fun Flashing Jack-o-Lanterns

If you're a follower of my blog, you know very well that I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!  Ü

I was worried that I would not be able to find an appropriate Halloween gift for my daughter to share with her classmates. She attends a Christian private school, and there are rules (which I am very thankful for) prohibiting candy, witches, ghosts, goblins, and the other fun (but still not appropriate for school, I agree) Halloween elements. I was advised that pumpkins would be allowed. I hope Jack-o-lanterns are okay, he is smiling!  Ü

Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Wicked Fun DSP, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch

Using my computer and home printer, I printed "Have a Safe & Happy Halloween   Jesus Shines in You" on Whisper White paper

To make the wrapper (note: it is not an enclosed box, it is open on the sides), cut DSP to 2 1/4" x 5 3/4", score at 2 1/4, 2 3/4, 5, 5 1/2. Use a 1/2" Circle Punch to make a hole at the top for the cord to come through. This will keep the jack-o-lantern from coming out of the wrapper.

I found these cute gifts at Walmart for $1. It is a necklace and there is a button on the back to switch on the blinking light. They come in orange, pink, green, and blue. The faces are all the same... smiling!  Ü

Halloween safety is important. If you don't have some type of reflector or light for your child, please get one. Again, this one is only a dollar at Walmart, but there are the orange sticker type reflectors that are under a buck for a sheet of about 10. Every year I have my kids wear a blinking light. Because they don't like it, I clip it to the back of their costume, so they don't know it is there. If you have an infant or toddler, wear the light for them. It's always better to be safe than sorry. Even if you are confident that you can keep your child safe, you can't always trust that drivers will see your child. It's scary, yes! But please be safe and enjoy your Halloween night.

No comments:

Post a Comment