Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mojo Monday 159

I am exhausted! I recently got over a cold, although I am still a little conjested at night and early morning. But yesterday, I drove to Kona (90 miles, 2-1/2 hours) alone with my kids to stock up with goodies from Target and Costco. Boy! Yesterday was not a good day for my son. He usually sleeps on the drive over, but not this time. Ugh. The drive home wasn't so bad. He got about an hour nap in. When we got home, they both went crazy!! I went crazy! And I konked out at about 7pm while I was putting my son to sleep. I woke up at 10pm, jumped out of bed to realize my husband fell asleep, too. My daughter had tucked herself in, the table wasn't cleared, the dishes weren't washed, and my garage was wide open. OMG! When do I ever get a break?!  Ü

Even after my long day yesterday, I was still able to squeeze in some time in my stamp room for Mojo Monday. Yes, I'm an addict and that's what addicts do!!  Ü

Here is the sketch:


I was stumped on this challenge, because of the wavy cut on the bottom. I don't have any Sizzix dies that will cut that from the bottom and I'm not good freehand with scissors. So, I tore it. I thought it worked perfectly with this Thanksgiving card.


More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Chocolate Chip, Autumn Spice DSP, Day of Gratitude Stamp Set, 5/8" Victoria Lace, Stampin' Dimensionals

I apologize for the poor photo. It's been pouring rain all day in Hilo and the light in my stamp room isn't as great as I would love it to be...and the flash on my camera makes it worse. Yuck!

Someone asked me a question about tearing paper. Yes, there are tools out there, such as The Tearing Edge, which you can order from me here. I choose not to use tools to tear paper. When I tear, I think of what I want my edge to look like. Then, I draw a line across my paper with a Blender Pen or Aqua Painter. Moistening the paper makes it easier to tear, and it will tear just where you want it to. Tearing dry paper isn't too difficult either. Just do it slowly, you could easily tear too much off.

Thanks for stopping in today. Visit soon or sign up to receive my blog posts via email (the FeedBlitz widget on the left sidebar).  Enjoy your week!


3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! Really like the colors, and how you stamped the image along the edge of the cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy...your card is beautiful. It really catches the theme of Autumn! BTW...if you have an OTT Lite, they are perfect for lighting your cards so you can take photos without flash. I have a tutorial on my blog showing a set-up, if you are interested.

    Debra D.

    Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete