Brandy Baji, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Hilo, Hawaii

I love love love Stampin' Up! I have been in love since my first SU! Idea Book & Catalog.

I first joined Stampin' Up! in 2008, after I came across a SU! Demonstrator's blog while browsing for inspiration on a Cricut online community.
I fell in love with not just her projects, but the SU! products that were featured.

I knew immediately that I wanted to sign up as a Demonstrator. And so I did, and it was wonderful!

I dropped my SU! business while I was pregnant with my son, as I did not have the energy to keep up; however, I never gave up stamping!

After settling with my, now a baby bigger, family, I rejoined Stampin' Up! I cannot imagine being without SU! again.

I enjoy the opportunity to earn money while doing what I love, and sharing my passion and the opportunity for you to do the same.




Friday, October 8, 2010

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Breast Cancer is a scary thing to think of. I think many of us ignore the importance of Breast Cancer Awareness. Well, we know it exists... that's not good enough. 1 in 8 women are diagnosed with breast cancer... 1 in 8! It could be me, it could be my family, my friends, my customers. Early detection and effective treatment decreases the risk of death caused by breast cancer. Know what to look for, and take the time to educate yourself about breast cancer. Visit BreastCancerAwareness.com.They have great information about breast cancer, including facts, tips, prevention, and screening.

For more information about breast cancer visit these great sites: Pink Ribbon, Susan G. Komen for the Cure (find your local Race for the Cure), and Komen Hawaii (breast cancer awareness events in Hawaii)

Pink is the official color for Breast Cancer Awareness Month, so I created this collection of cards:

Pretty in Pink, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla, Lap of Luxury DSP, Silhouette Sentiments Stamp Set, 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch, Extra Large Scallop Oval Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Cirlce Punch, 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Victoria Lace Trim, Basic Pearls Jewels

I only now noticed that there is no pink on that card. Oops! Sorry.

I really like this Lap of Luxury DSP. I regret not buying Style Beautiful Stamp Set that coordinates. That will be in my next order.

I'm thinking of handing out pink business cards this month with my info and breast cancer awareness facts.

I hope you take the time to learn more about breast cancer and how detect it. Remember the best protection is early detection. And share your new knowledge with others you love. It may sound silly, but your husband or boyfriend can be your best reminder and supporter. I cannot tell you how many times my husband asks me if I have done a self exam. To tell you the truth, I usually haven't done one in months before he reminds me. I am blessed!

Thanks for stopping in today. Hope you enjoyed my BCAM cards. I will be posting more pink creations throughout the month. Stop in often.

No comments:

Post a Comment